Thursday, March 27, 2008

Alex Bellah

National One
Summary: nine year old Katherine Latchfurs shaved her head in order to raise money for her friends baby sister. She found out about one year old Julia whil at a sleepover. She decided that she wanted to help. She shaved her head on St Patricks day in order to raise money for Julia. her goal was to reach $900 but raised $3,135. Her mother has also shaved her head before on order to raise money for a cancer research program for children. Her mother says that her daughter has made "bald all the more beautiful". She could not be more proud of her.

Opinion: I can not imagine shaving my head like thi slittle girl did. I am amazed that she had the courage to do what she did. I am so shocked at the maturity level that this gorl has and to comprhend what her actions can do for others. I do not know if i would be able to do what she has done. I have a hard enough time just getting my hair trimmed, i can not even fathom shaving my head to where there was no hair left. I am so proud of this littl egirl that she has the bravery and courage to do what she did.

National Two
Summary: Jason yeager who has been in federal prison in South Dakota has requsted that the judge grant him time with his dying 10 year old daughter Jayci Yeager. Jayci has been diagnosed with cancer and is now in Hospice care. Jason was allowed to leave the jail to go vivit his daught at the hospice center and did not leave her side but only to ask the care takers what he could do to help his daughter feel more at ease through her time of suffering. Jason's family is asking that the jusge give Jason more time with his daughter but the judge says that the circimstances are not bad enough for him to grant this plea to Jason and his family.

Opinion: I beleive that this man should be allowed to visit his daughter at least once a week. His daughter is only 10 years old and is dying. I can not even imagine what him and his family are going through right now. My plea is that the judge realize that this time is a very emotional time for not only Jason but his entire family and friends. I hope that the judge will reconsider what he has said and grant Jason this one thing and allow him to visit his daughter with supervized visits at the hospice center.

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

Great story.

Why is he in prison? There are consequences for your actions.