Thursday, March 27, 2008

David Jeong

National - 1

Police: Mom shot kids, carried gun on campus

Summary: A mother killed her two children and then went to the nearby college she attended and brandished a gun before handing the weapon to a health counselor. Gail Lynn Coontz, 37, is charged with killing 14-year-old Greg Coontz and 10-year-old Nikki Coontz. The woman was also charged with one count of terroristic threatening for pointing a handgun at an officer. The woman gave her handgun to a counselor at the health services building.

Opinion: This is messed up. Who would even try to kill their own child? I don't have my own kid but I am seriously in love with this baby named Glenn, Mr Harmon's grandson, and I would not bother at all to give up my life for his. Well, he is not even my own baby. This woman must be crazy to do that kind of thing. I cannot even mention about what she did. I get so scared sometimes when Glenn gets sick or when he falls down and bleed, so I pray God not to let anything bad happen to him and let bad things happen to me. I'm pretty sure this woman has no brain or heart.

National - 2

Father Rescues Son From Well

Summary:An Iowa toddler is recovering after his dad saved him from a well. The incident happened in Wheldon, a small town on the Clarke-Decatur, county line. Chumbley was in his yard raking and watching his son Ayden, 2, in a neighbor's yard chasing the family's cat. The cat was standing on the well platform and this little guy was trying to catch the cat and fell. The baby said "Yeah, my daddy's my hero."

Opinion: Well, this is how it should be. Parents should take care of their children with love. This is a example of a good father. When I grow up and have my own children, I will take care of them and try my best to avoid the bad things for them. The baby's last comment is amazing. I would feel happy for days if Glenn says you're my hero. That is so neat thing to hear from a 2 year old baby.

International - 1

Asia faces a rice supply crisis

Summary: A sharp rise in the price of rice is hitting consumer pocketbooks and raising fears of public turmoil in the many parts of Asia where rice is a staple. Part of a surge in global food costs, rice prices on world markets have jumped 50 percent in the past two months and at least doubled since 2004. Experts blame rising fuel and fertilizer expenses as well as crops curtailed by disease, pests and climate change. There are concerns prices could rise a further 40 percent in coming months.

Opinion: This is a real crisis in Asian culture. We eat rice and rice is the no.1 food for asians to make energy, i think. Well, I read about this yesterday. The article said the price of rice had increased more than 130% just in Korea over a night. I thought this is a terrible thing because many people is now going to starve more because the rice is getting so expensive. I think I'm ok because I don't eat much anyways, i think.

International - 2

Report: North Korea test-fires missiles

Summary:North Korea fired short-range missiles off its western coast.The South Korean Defense Ministry and Joint Chiefs of Staff told CNN they are trying to confirm reports of the missile launches. South Korea's presidential office dismissed reports of the missile launches as part of "ordinary military training" by the communist state. North Korea cited the minister's remarks as a reason for demanding that the South Korean diplomats leave.

Opinion: I don't understand North Korea. If I were to be Kim Jung il, I would go shake hands with the new president of South and become more friendly or even make the unified korean peninsula, if possible. South is doing so much for North and I don't understand why Kim jung il does all these strange missile tests and nukes or whatsoever. Maybe, he is targetting Tokyo, hopefully, instead of Seoul.

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

Horrible story.

Kids are fast and get away from your attention quickly.

When rice is a problem, Asia has a problem.

Kim Jung Il is crazy.