Thursday, April 17, 2008

Susan Jewell

national:
SUMMARY
Clinton and Obama debated one another and conceded that the other could win presidency. Hilary was very emphatic that Obama could win saying "yes, yes, yes" although she said she felt she was better suited for the position. Obama said he worded a statement incorrectly. He had meant some people focus too much on social issues because they feel the government cannot help them financially. clinton was called an elitist which she countered with saying she could have stayed home and baked cookies but instead she pursued a career.

OPINION
I think that it really is up for debate right now which one will win. Clinton I think may have more support. Obama has been making too many waves. I don't think women should be called elitist if they plan for more of their life and career than to be house wives. I doubt Obama worded a statement incorrectly. He plans his words so well. I would guess the statement was not well accepted and he then decided to change it.

national:
SUMMARY
Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama both appeared on The Colbert Report. Clinton came on simply to speak about how she could fix any problem including a broken screen and Colbert's shiny forehead. Obama put manufactured distractions on the notice board. He said he was sure Americans were tired of the drama pertaining to his church. Clinton and John Edwards spoke to one another back stage between breaks although the topic of their conversation was not revealed.

OPINION
I think that Clinton's skit sounded funny although I did not see it. I did witness Obama's act; and it was boring and not even informative which I feel he is often better at than Hilary. manufactured distractions are kind of what the presidential race is about. To put those on notice is silly. They won't go away and they are, quite frankly, how people decide whether or not they like the candidates. The topic of conversation is not really all that important to me regarding Clinton and Edwards. They are friends I would guess the conversation was simply friendly conversation and nothing more. If Clinton were to speak seriously to Edwards I believe it would be behind closed doors not behind a stage.