Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Alex Bellah

National: Out….

Summary: After a “Flirtatious” running in the candidacy for President and turning eyes over whether or not he is good enough, Fred Thompson has dropped out of the running. He declared his dropped out on January 22, 2008. He had a long shot from becoming the republican candidate and he realized this. The race was no longer in his court. Thompson had won no states and so his decision to drop out of the race was the best move possible. Fred Thompson announced his running in September 2007 and dropped out in January 2008.

Opinion: I believe that Fred Thompson did the right thing on dropping out. I believe that he probably should have done it sooner than when he did but he did what he thought best. Fred was not the best candidate for President and I believe deep down he new that about himself. It is sad to think though that he did not win at least one state. He barely had any points in any of the caucuses and primaries. I still have hope for Guiliani and him becoming the republican candidate.


National: Romney…

Summary: Mitt Romney is the leader of all delegates so far in the running for president. He has won three states, Nevada, Wyoming, Michigan. He declared that he was running on January 3, 2007. He is Mormon but has said that the faith of any candidate should not be the reason of people not voting for them. He believes that the job of president and whoever holds that position should be prayed upon by every religion out there. People need prayer of all kinds. Religion should not have an effect on any candidate.


Opinion: I believe that religion does have an effect on people and what they believe. Religion is not something that should be taken lightly by all means. I do not believe that Romney is the best Republican candidate for the job. There are many things that I disagree with about him. The main thing that I disagree with is his taking on religion and how lightly he takes it. My religion and faith is one of the most important things to me. I believe that Guiliani is the best candidate!

No comments: