Friday, January 18, 2008

Kwang min kim

International
Korea

U.N. chief hopes to visit South and North Korea this year

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon may visit both South and North Korea this year to discuss the North's nuclear problem.
Ban said he will consider visiting the North at an *appropriate time during a news conference in New York Dec. 27. He met the press to mark the first *anniversary of his *inauguration.
Ban wants to visit Pyongyang to help ease tensions in Northeast Asia from the North's ambition to become a nuclear state.
He also said he wants to visit Seoul this year to talk with officials about South Korea's contribution to the United Nations.

Opinion
Ban Ki-mooon is the U.N chief he is Korean and become a chief of U.N administration. I hope he contribute some amount of pressure on North Korea because North Korea is not serious about their nuclear bomb. North Korea should be vanish in the earth !!

International
Korea
Stressed teenagers lose hair

Hair loss, or *baldness, is known to be common among adult men. But in today's society, hair loss is becoming a problem for teenagers as well. As stress increases among teenagers due to studying and peer pressure, baldness is becoming more common.
People normally lose about 100 strands of hair per day. But if around 200-300 fall out, you might be at risk of becoming bald at an early age.

Although stress is one of the biggest causes of hair loss, there are other reasons, too. Teens experience the most hair loss right after vacation. This may be because teens like to change their hair during vacation by *dyeing it or getting a perm. Once vacation ends, they have to undo their *hairdo, which weakens both the *scalp and hair.

Opinion
Awesome ~! Korean Kids are losing their hair. I think it is because of stress that they have. They have to study for 10hours day in order to keep up their grades. I mean this is insane for many young kids. I am in America and I do study but I do not study like my friends in Korea. I think I am so blessed that I am not losing my hair by stress. Ha ha sucks for Korean kids. Good to be in America !

National
Obama Celebrates Wife’s Birthday With a Night Out in Vegas

Michelle Obama got a night out in Vegas for her 44th birthday Thursday.It two long days of campaigning for her husband ahead of Nevada’s presidential caucuses Saturday. Democratic hopeful Barack Obama said after she introduced him to a crowd of voters at Rancho High School, who sang “Happy Birthday” to her. He joked that it was only her 29th birthday.
“Even though I’m campaigning, ladies, I just want you to know, I’m taking her out to dinner tonight,” Obama said. Advisers declined to say where they would eat, except to say it would just be the two of them.

Opnion
Michelle Bbama got a night out in Vegas for her 44th birthday! Wow, she looks a lot younger than 44. and Obama joked that it was only her 29th birthday. I think he has sense of humor. Obama seems really being nice to his wife and wife seems really happy about it. It is really good news that I hear for a long time.


National
Hillary Clinton Heads to Compton, Calif., to Promote Racial Unity, Opportunity
Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton pledged Thursday to improve economic opportunities for blacks if elected president, praising the Rev. Martin Luther King and promising to assist with a rebirth of this troubled, largely-black city.
“‘Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by those who are doing it,”‘ Clinton said at a church in Compton, quoting noted black novelist James Baldwin.
She pledged to assist Mayor Eric Perrodin with his goal of “birthing” a new Compton, which has struggled with crime and poverty.
“I know something about birthing,” Clinton said. “You need a president who will be a partner. Who says, ‘What is it I can do to make sure this birth is easy and successful?”‘

Opinion
I feel, as I think most of us do, that HRC is full of lies and empty promises. These are just things she is saying because its politicaly palatable to her audience. Nothing more. I mean change what? I don’t think she does not even care for the black people she just care for her election. That’s why she said “ if I elected president” even than she is going to forget about black people.

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

Maybe he can help the North Koreans.

Scary among Teens.