Friday, January 11, 2008

Kellye Harkey (Not Late)

International:
LONDON (Reuters) - A couple discovered after they had married that they were twins who had been split up at birth and adopted by separate families, according to a member of Britain's House of Lords. British peer David Alton recounted the story to parliament last month to support his argument that artificially conceived children should be told who their biological parents are.Alton said he had heard the story of the separated twins from a High Court judge who had dealt with the case."This did not involve in vitro fertilization: It involved the normal birth of twins who were separated at birth and adopted by separate parents," said Alton, an independent member of the Lords. "They were never told that they were twins.""They met later in life and felt an inevitable attraction, and the judge had to deal with the consequences of the marriage that they entered into and all the issues of their separation," he said.

Opinion:
Oh my goodness. That would freakin' suck. I mean its not like the people knew and they were just gross...No they had no idea and fell in love. But I mean twins seperated at birth?! Dont you think they would be like hmm we do kinda look alot alike. Maybe they are not identical but I have two cousins who are not identical twins but they look so much alike its ridiculous. People do need to let them know who their biological parents are. I have a brother who is adopted and he talks to his birth mom sometimes... its not a big deal people.

International:
Sir Edmund Hillary, the first person to stand atop the world's highest mountain, was remembered Friday as a deeply driven but unassuming man who strived to help the people of Nepal in the decades after his ascent of Mount Everest.
Hillary, who died Friday of a heart attack at 88, will have a state funeral in New Zealand, where he began the mountaineering career that took him and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay to the tallest point on earth, a spokesman for his family said.He is survived by his children Peter and Sarah and wife June, who said Friday that her family was comforted by the messages of support from around the world.She said Hillary had been hospitalized on Monday and died peacefully.
"He remained in good spirits until the end," she said.

Opinion:
This is a bitter sweet story. That is a really awesome achievement! To be the first person to stand on Mt. Everest. That is definately something I do not strive to do at all though. I think it takes a special person or a crazy one to want to do that. I perfer having my feet on the ground and not 15454876 miles above sea level. Maybe I will climb the shortest mountain. Yeah that sounds good.

National:
"It is with great pride, understanding and acceptance that I am ending my campaign for president of the United States," announced Governor Bill Richardson at a press conference at the New Mexico State Capitol this afternoon. "It was my hope that you would first hear it from me directly, and not a news organization. But unfortunately, as with too many things in our world today, it is the ending of something that garners the most intense interest and speculation," said Richardson, alluding to an Associated Press story that broke late last night saying the Governor would be dropping out.

Opinion:
Thank goodness. I mean did the man really think that he had a chance? Thats like me running for president, well who am I kidding I would probably win, so thats like Hayley burns running for president! Ha no way jose. I just want to get past all these people that feel they need to run but wont win. They take up too much time.

National:
Nothing on the debate stage in this first-in-the-South primary state seemed to change the dynamics of the race for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday evening. However, that is not to say we didn't learn things about the current state of play. Arizona Sen. John McCain and Mitt Romney are focused on their New Hampshire rematch coming up in Michigan. Fred Thompson and Mike Huckabee are in a battle for Southern champ in South Carolina. And Rudolph Giuliani sees McCain as a potential threat.First and foremost, Thompson is apparently still running for president and almost looked like he wanted to win. The former Tennessee senator has said he is drawing a line in the sand in South Carolina and that was clearly on display during the debate.

Opinion:
I really am starting to like Fred Thompson. I like him on Law and Order and I like him as my president...maybe. I am still pulling for Huckabee but I really do think Fred could do it. I do agree with him on what I have heard. I really do not know what else to say abouth this soooo


FRED2008 and HUCKABEE2008!! woohoo!