Friday, November 9, 2007

Chris [Extra Credit]

  1. There were representatives for John McCain and Mitt Romney present at the event.
  2. The topics discussed were immigration, health care reform, war in Irag and a plan to withdraw, changes in the White House, cost of college rising, social security, illegal immigration while keeping the country strong, and what sets your candidate apart from others.
  3. When explaining his candidate's viewpoints, Romney's representative would simply say that his candidate was more experienced. Because of this reason the person he was representing would be able to fix whatever the problem was. It appeared McCain's representative would answer more of the questions given but he would always talk about how everything failed and needed to be fixed. His representative gave poor answers anyhow.
  4. I was more focused on what was being said than I thought I would be. I guess that only came from having to take notes though. The forum was insteresting though. I gained knowledge of the candidates I wouldn't vote for in the first place, but I guess that's okay.
  5. I don't think either person represented his candidate well. If I had to choose though, I would have to say Romney did a better job of the two. Of the questions he did answer, the representative was well-informed and knowledgable of who his candidate was and where his candidate stood on the topic. Also, McCain's representative said his candidate didn't go with what the polls say to do which is okay sometimes but shouldn't be the case for everything.