Monday, November 5, 2007

KG in the house, ye yah! (not the kaylen gerkey kg but the KRISTA GROTE KG)

National

Jammers

SUMMARY
People are getting a hold of cell phone signal jammers. If someone has one of these devices they can cut off your cell phone signal if you are in a certain radius of this device. They are illegal in the US because they prevent the people from being able to contact 911 or anyone else in an emergency situation. On the other hand they are not illegal in other courtiers so many people are able to order then over the internet, but if you are caught with one of these things you could be fined $11,000.

OPINION
It would be an ideal world if you didn’t have to listen to other people talk on their phones. It is so rude when you have to hear someone chatting away on their phone when you’re right next to them in silence; talk about awkward! If I could I would get one of these things and use it on my parents. It’s a pretty cool invention but I can see how it could cause more problem than solve them.

International

Egyptian Blogspot

SUMMARY
Wael Abbas is Egypt’s first major blogger who won’t back down to support his cause. He started a blog website about political issues and it has over million hits per month. He tries to create awareness to fellow Egyptians about the abuse their police force is causing. He posts videos, pictures, and opinion on his website. He has even won a journalist award from the US, but Abbas says that although it is great that he has got the attention from other countries about this issue; what he really wants is to create awareness to those in his own country.

OPINION
This guy is very courageous for standing up or should I say sitting down at his computer and trying to create awareness of a serious problem. Not very many people these days, especially in the Middle East have the courage to stand behind what they believe in. If I was a very opinionated person I would want to create my own blog website too.

National

Green Wedding

SUMMARY
A recent couple that got married didn’t have a typical wedding; they decided to have an environment friendly wedding. Although it didn’t seem different from a normal wedding, they were still encouraging a better cause. For example the wedding started out in nature’s outdoors and at the reception they had recycle bins for their empty bottle, organic food and beverages, organic honey party favors, and magnolia leaf setting cards.
The even offered carbon credit for those who had to travel by plain to the wedding, and after they were hitched they drove off in their hybrid car.

OPINION
I love hearing about stuff like this because helping the environment is also a goal of mine and if everyone does a little something to help the environment we are on our way to a better, cleaner future. I think I will use some of these ideas for my wedding and encourage others to do the same.

International

MUMMY

SUMMARY
After 3,000 years boy Egyptian King Tut’s body was revealed and put on display in a museum in Egypt. The mummy his been put in a climate control display case to keep from decomposing and getting in any worse shape. The mummy is still in rather good condition and the museum hopes to keep it that way until it gets put back. The big question scientists and historians are trying to figure out is how exactly this boy king died, whether it was murder or an accident.

OPINION
This is the coolest thing, the mummification process is fascinating. I wish I could be mummified and put in a golden casket in a tomb full of gold and my favorite possessions, but we will have all these things in heaven when we die, so when I die it does not really matter what happens to my body.

3 comments:

PC AP Gov said...

tu loco en la cabeza

PC AP Gov said...

I called you crazy.. not Miss. Mayra!! You will never figure out who I am..MMMWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Michael Hjort said...

I would love to have on in the classroom. Perfect for classroom use.

Hope this Egyptian blogger can continue.

I'm for protecting the environment, but not sure about this wedding.

King Tut. Very cool.