Monday, November 5, 2007

Kellye Harkey!!

International:
London's police force was found guilty on Thursday of putting the public at risk over the killing of an innocent Brazilian police mistook for a suicide bomber in 2005. Police shot electrician Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, seven times in the head after he boarded an underground train in south London on July 22, 2005. They had wrongly identified him as one of four men who had tried to attack the city's transport system a day earlier. The capital's Metropolitan Police were fined 175,000 pounds ($364,000) and ordered to pay legal costs of 385,000 pounds after being convicted of the single charge of breaching health and safety rules which require it to protect the public.

Opinion:
That sucks big booty let me tell you. I mean one minute you are getting on a train to like go to work or whatever and the next minute you have 7 gunshot holes in your head, just because you looked like somebody bad! Its not your fault that your genetic code made you look like someone you weren't and its really not your fault that the police over there seem to be mentally challenged. I feel bad for the police and I'm sure that's because I am biased when it comes to them because I am a cops kid and have heard all the stories and a different side of the story when it comes police and civilian cases. But there is not excuse for this and I feel horrible for the mans family.

International:
Martina Hingis said Thursday she has been accused of testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon, but she denied using the drug. She also announced her retirement from professional tennis. "I find this accusation so horrendous, so monstrous that I've decided to confront it head on by talking to the press," she said. "I am frustrated and angry. I believe that I am absolutely 100 percent innocent."Her voice broke as she fought back tears in reading the statement. At the end, she took no questions and left the news conference.The 27-year-old Swiss player lost in the third round at Wimbledon to Laura Granville.Hingis said the positive test, which could lead to a doping suspension of up to two years, led to her retirement because she doesn't want to spend years fighting the case.

Opinion:
First off I would like to say that I have never heard of this lady in my life and since Kellye Harkey has never heard of her then therefore she cannot be popular and its probably not the detrimental to the tennis world, but what do I know. I'm sorry but I think she is a liar because I know that If I was innocent I wouldn't just be like "Well I'm innocent but I'm tired of fighting it so I'm going to retire because that's going to prove everyone wrong!" Um no that just makes you look even more guilty. Just say you know what I made a mistake and I used some nose candy and I'm really sorry about everything and I'm going to retire. Like my mom always said "You should tell the truth because the consequences will be much worse if you are caught lying"

National:
A woman who found her 17-month-old son dead in her hot, stuffy car after she worked her seven-hour shift as a Hooters waitress has been arrested, police said. Ashly Duchene, 22, was booked into Maricopa County jail on a felony count of negligent homicide. Joel Tranter said. Duchene usually dropped Ryan Gallagher off at a day-care center on her way to work, but for unknown reasons failed to do so Tuesday, Tranter said. Instead, she left her son in the car when she arrived at the north Phoenix Hooters restaurant where she works at about 10 a.m. Tuesday, police said. The child was dead when she returned after her shift at nearly 5 p.m. Authorities said Duchene was hysterical and immediately summoned help. Efforts to revive the boy by witnesses, officers and firefighters were unsuccessful. Temperatures hit nearly 90 degrees Tuesday, but it would have been more than 100 degrees inside the car, Tranter said. Officials believe the boy, who was in a car seat, was invisible to people going in and out of the restaurant and a nearby car wash because the car has tinted windows.

Opinion:
I know this was last week but boy do I have some stuff to say about this. First off why would anyone expect anyone coming out of hooters to notice a child in a car? Anyone that goes in there is either too to see or too drunk to see. Maybe its just me and I am a very observant person but I would notice something like that. The baby had to of been screaming, so its not like anyone couldnt hear. Also I would like to address this blog to the people who raised their hand in history and said that the police officer who left his dog in the car should go to jail.. you are telling me that this is the same thing? If you saw a car with a dog and a car with a baby in it would you really be trying to consider which one to help if you could only help one of them? Anyone that thinks a human and a freakin dog are the same should just never talk to me because I cannot converse with people that ignorant. But anyways the lady should go to jail, if you didnt want a baby you shouldnt of been doing mattress mambo and what a suprise the baby has a diffrent last name.. typical.

National:
Lakshmi looks on at the Sparsh Hospital in Bangalore, India, Nov. 5, 2007. Doctors began operating Nov. 6, 2007, on the 2-year-old girl born with four arms and four legs, in an extensive surgery that they hope will leave the girl with a normal anatomy, a hospital official said.(AP Photo)

Opinion:
This isnt really the best one I could of chosen but OH MY GOSH if you have seen this you are probably disturbed like me. I feel so bad for this little girl, she looks like an octapus. Im glad that the doctors are trying to make her look as normal as possible. There was also a thing on some guy who carried his twin brother in his tummy for a long time.. what is up with all these things? sheesh.

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

That really does suck!!!

So we are basing popularity on the Harkey scale of knowledge--SCARY!!!

Eight--WOW!!!