Thursday, November 8, 2007

David Jeong

International1

North Korea thanks U.S. Navy for help in fighting off pirates

Summary: North Korea expressed gratitude to the United States Thursday for helping one of its ships repel pirates, the latest sign of improving relations between the longtime foes as the North scales back its nuclear program. The Navy boarded the North Korean ship Dai Hong Dan to provide medical assistance at the crew's invitation after the crew had overpowered and detained pirates in the waters off Somalia. The U.S. and the North have remained technically at war since the Korean War ended in a 1953 cease-fire. The U.S. led a coalition of U.N. forces in the three-year conflict, and 28,000 American troops remain deployed in South Korea.

Opinion: Well, even though I am from South Korea, I believe that there should be zero aid to North Korea from any country. I abhor their leader and his way of running North Korea. Especially, when it comes to any military issues, no country should help North because they are the evil one like a bomb might going to explode anytime. It might going to be World War III. My opinion is do not help north korea for any reason.

International 2

Oil hits another record above $97

Summary: Oil prices set another record high Tuesday, jumping over $2 on fears of dwindling supplies in the United States, projections for strong worldwide demand and a falling U.S. dollar. A suicide bombing in Afghanistan that killed at least 35 people and a pipeline attack in Yemen also helped push prices higher.EIA estimates oil prices in the fourth quarter to average $87 a barrel.

Opinion: I really hope that oil prices would go down. The oil price is so high that it looks like that it'll going to hit $100 a barrel. I really hope that won't happen because, the higher the oil price is, the harder for the companies sell their product and finally would result a worse situation and the cycle would go on and on. I hate to see that so I hope the world to be in peace, no war, and the oil prices would go down.

National 1

Man almost tosses 4-carat diamond

Summary: Johnson, 36, made the dig Saturday at the park and left his equipment in a locker. When he came back Monday morning, he made the discovery. He found about 80 diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park. Johnson's find is the second-largest diamond uncovered at the park this year. In June, a Louisiana man found a 4.8-carat stone. More than 700 diamonds have been found there this year. "If someone offers me that much money, it's theirs," Johnson said.

Opinion: I think I should go there and dig for diamonds. I'm pretty sure that he was a kind of lazy guy who wanted to get some easy money without work. I want to have some diamonds so that I can sell it and make some money easily.Even though I don't like those guys but I have to admit that asome people are just lucky. Since he had 80 of them, he should share some of his luck with me.

National 2

Virginia deputy to be recognized as nation's tallest man

Summary: George Bell, 7-foot-8 Norfolk sheriff's deputy, is being recognized Thursday by Guinness World Records as the Tallest Man in the United States. However he is too short to be the world's tallest living man. He stands below Ukraine's 8-foot-5.5 Leonid Stadnyk and China's Bao Xi Shun, who is 7 feet 8.95 inches. Bell wears size-19 shoes, pants with a 43-inch inseam and shirts with 45-inch sleeves.

Opinion: Well, it is so cool to be on The Guinness record book. I would like to be recorded as a guy who has the highest IQ in the whole world, but I know that would not going to happen. I should try something crazy just for the guiness book. It is very fortunate to be tall, but I think if somebody is over 7 foot, that is rather unfortunate. Maybe he should give me of his some 4 inches so that I can be 6 - 3.

2 comments:

PC AP Gov said...

And David thank you very much for commenting on the North Korean fiasco... I was going to do that but I figured I would leave it to your more experienced hands... lol

Andrew

Michael Hjort said...

For any reason??? Pretty harsh.

We need to start drilling yesterday!!!