Saturday, November 24, 2007

Susan Jewell read this Hjort ... please?

  • McCain and Romney representatives were at the event.
  • The main topics discussed were immigration, health care reform, war in Irag and a plan to withdraw. When questions by the audience were allowed to be asked people asked about the cost of college tuition rising, social security running out, illegal immigration (McCain is adamantly opposed to amnesty). the representatives closed on why their canidate was diiferent. McCain has a very stong military background while Romney has started and corrected many businesses (including fortune 500 companies)
  • McCain's representative was very negative. He really only focused on the military. he was constantly saying "failed" and "flawed" -- sometimes even in the same sentence. Romney made his candidate sound far more qualified. Often the business endeavors were mentioned.
  • I kind of liked it. I wish that more of the candidates had been there. I was really disappointed in McCain's representative. He was constantly flipping through a notebook of facts as though he had not prepped long enough. They both gave really good information that I had not necessarily known or understood as fully before.
  • Romney's representative did a far better job than McCain's. As I said before McCain's man seemed not well educated. McCain was not an eloquent speaker and frequently did not finish his sentences or even thoughts. he somehow generally wound up talking about the war or military for every question. Romney's guy spoke well. He was an author which I think gave hima speaking advantage. He used his words to the fullest effect. he was not constantly flipping through notes he just knew the answer -- that was reassuring.

***Just to let you know I fashioned my answers off of Chris' page. I went to the event but i forgot th questions we were to answer so basically I answered the question I thought Chris was trying to answer. I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't just know i didn't cheat i just didn't look at the exact questions. I looked at answers then formulated my own answers... different from Chris'.***

No comments: