Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chris [National]

National

Summary - An article from cbsnews.com says that in an area south of Seattle, while a couple was kissing in bed, the girlfriend allegedly bit off the lower lip of the boyfriend without a known reason or motive, stated authorities. The woman Laura Roberta Cutler was arrested on Wednesday for a second-degree domestic-violence assault. The man Thomas J. Brummel was found on the front porch of the house, covered in blood and missing some of his bottom lip when the police arrived. The house was being rented out by two other people, all of whom were recovering drug addicts who agreed to share a "clean and sober" home. The woman was drunk when the detectives arrived and stated her rage as being "evident and uncontrolled."

Opinion - I guess I'm glad these people were renting a house together in hopes of having a good and clean recovery. What I don't like though is how this woman disrupted this process. I'm not so angry with her being drunk. It's what she did when she was drunk. I don't really care in general if a person gets drunk or likes to get drunk. That person is responsible for him or herself. They can do what they want to themselves. BUT what I can't stand is when these things people do for or to themselves affect other people who didn't ask for these problems. That's something I can't stand for.

National

Summary - A dessert, according to a cbsnews.com article, being sold in New York comes at a high cost. The dessert, called Frrrozen Haute Chocolate, goes for the price of $25,000. This frozen dessert is made up of a slushy mix of real top-grade cocoa from fourteen different countries, milk, and five grams of twenty-four carat edible gold. All of this is topped with whip cream and shavings of a La Madeline au Truffle. The dessert is served in a goblet that has a gold band around it, decorated with one carat diamonds, along with a gold spoon diners can take home with them.

Opinion - Well, I see why this won the Guinness World Record for most expensive dessert. This is just absurd! There are some things in life that I would not buy even if I could for the simple reason that it is ridiculous. This dessert would fit into that category. Although this does sound appealing, even after I just ate some cheese cake, I would still not buy it. This price (which goes for something so temporary as food!) is so ludicrous, outrageous, and other synonyms for crazy! If I ever bought anything that cost $25,000 I would make sure it last me more than five minutes. Now if I obtained one of these freely or through another's expense, that's different...

1 comment: