Monday, February 11, 2008

Kellye.. Last weeks blog

Mr Hjort,

Please give me full points. I know this is late but my Grandma died and I was really busy with that.


National:

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama swept Saturday night's Democratic presidential nomination contests, earning key delegates in a neck-and-neck race with New York Sen. Hillary Clinton that may not be decided until the party's convention this summer. Obama won the Washington state and Nebraska Democratic caucuses, and the Louisiana primary "Today, voters from the West Coast to the Gulf Coast to the heart of America stood up to say, 'Yes, we can,'" Obama said at a Virginia political dinner Saturday night. "We won in Louisiana, we won in Nebraska, and we won Washington state -- and we won north, we won south and we won in between. And I believe that we can win in Virginia on Tuesday if you're ready to stand for change."

Opinion:

I did not want this to happen at all. Even though I think Mr. Osama Bin Ladin Obama does have some points I agree with, I do not want him to win. Too many people want him to win and if he was nominated then the Republican canidate would lose. I really want Hilary because I know she would go down in flames. No woman should ever be president except for Condelezza!



National:

ABC News has learned that Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., met with former Sen. John Edwards secretly at his home in Chapel Hill, North Carolina on Thursday. Clinton's rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, Illionis Sen. Barack Obama will meet with Edwards on Monday, sources say. Clinton initially told reporters that she was not asking for Edwards' endorsement immediately after he got out of the race. Yesterday, speaking in Lewiston. Maine Clinton said "I'll ask John Edwards to help with anything I do in the White House."

Opinion:

What a little sneakster! She is not even in the White House and she is already lying, I guess that is one thing she does like her husband. If you are going to ask for him to endorse you then fine but do not act like you do not need him and you are not going to ask him and then you ask him! UGH! I can not stand this lady!

International:

Nadia Abu Amar was an Israeli Arab living in the mixed Israeli city of Ramle. She left home when she was 14 — forced out by years of domestic violence by male relatives and facing the prospect of an unwanted arranged marriage. Like many young Muslim women in Israel she wanted more from life and this brought her into direct conflict with her family's conservative expectations. She escaped to halfway houses and women's shelters, most recently in Jerusalem. According to friends, despite the sadness of isolation from her family, she blossomed and did well at school. Then in November, she disappeared. Her body has never been found, but police are convinced she is the latest victim of so-called honor killings. Seven male relatives including her father have been arrested on suspicion they murdered her to defend the family's reputation.

Opinion:

This is so sad. I am really proud of this girl though. To take a stance and know that you are worth more than the crap that does on there. This reminds me of the movie "Not without my daughter" except that movie had a better ending. I really hope this girl is not dead and that maybe she is still on the run.

International:

Heath Ledger's family, Hollywood celebrities and hundreds of other mourners bid farewell to the actor Saturday at a memorial service in his Australian hometown. Ledger's former fiancee, actress Michelle Williams, arrived along with his parents and sister at Penrhos College, where other mourners had gathered to honor the late actor. The 28-year-old "Brokeback Mountain" star died of an accidental prescription drug overdose in his Manhattan apartment last month.

Opinion:

It makes me happy to know that it was an accident. Its still sad that he died but atleast he did not mean to kill himself. I feel bad for this daughter who will never know her dad. I def. do not remember things from when I was 2 so that kinda sucks. But it is over with and now he is laid to rest.

2 comments:

Michael Hjort said...

Way to make up your blogs, but try and get it done on time.

Michael Hjort said...

No Problem.