Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ryan Evans(pt. 2)Final Blog

International:
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the man who introduced the West to transcendental meditation died this week in his home in Holland. He was also the apparent 'guru' to the rock band The Beatles as well. This transcendental meditation was once regarded as hippie mysticism, but later gained medical respectibility. He had a few famous fallouts while bringing rock stars on drugs to his Himalayan hideout.

Opinion:
I don't exactly know how to feel about this. The reason I blogged about it was because I was listening to the Beatles on the radio this morning. I suppose it was tragic for other members of the Hindu faith. I am sure John Lennon was all over this type of thought. Great songwriter, but always the odd one right? Eh, I hope both are able to rest in peace.

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

John Lennon was very strange.