Friday, September 14, 2007

Chris

National

Summary - A bald man was arrested in New York, stated a cbsnews.com article. He was arrested after going into a pharmacy and stealing five bottles of a hair loss treatment. The man arrested, Hoousendove, dropped off a few friends who were visiting a nearby jail. While they were visiting, Hoousendove was stealing the bottles from the pharmacy. An officer near the pharmacy noticed this and chased the man. The bald man was arrested for petty larceny and resisting arrest.

Opinion - Of course the theft of the bottles was wrong and I'm glad the officer was able to arrest him. I'm just curious as to why the hair loss treatment!? The amount he stole was only worth about $50 so why bother? And it's obvious that this man can't use the product.. at least for is head anyway. I just find the whole situation strange. Maybe more information will come forth and then I'll understand the "why".

National

Summary - An article from cbsnews.com said that a woman was arrested for a stolen car after she used it to drive to a courthouse where she had to pay a traffic ticket. A tip was given to the police that she would be going to the courthouse in a stolen vehicle. The woman Amber Renee Helton was in court less than a week ago where she was not found guilty for possession of stolen a tag, but only for driving without possesssion of a driver's license. "I guess she thought 'Hey, I got away with having a stolen tag. I might get away with the entire car,'" Bradham said.

Opinion - Oh she's a clever one. :O I don't know why anyone would do a thing like this, except for possibly everyone else's amusement. Anyhow, it is quite amusing for me. :D I just want to know what went through her head for her to come to this idea. She had to have had an alternative to this. Get a ride from a friend? Or bum a ride, maybe? So she might get picked up by some creep who shows an interest in her feet. Oh well. At least it's better than jail.. most likely.. possibly..

International

Summary - A cbsnews.com article says that a French company has been started. What this company does is make custom-made excuses for adulterers. These excuses can be backed up by "invites to phony weekend seminars, fake emergency phone calls from work, [or] invitations to nonexistent weddings." The company's founder Regine Mourizard, a former private eye, has started this company because she believes that keeping the adultery a secret from the spouse "can sometimes save marriages."

Opinion - I don't know if I would agree with what this company does. I understand the reasoning behind it and I don't necessarily disagree with that. It's the assistence of and a somewhat promotion to adultery that gets to me. This is something that I don't agree with and dislike about the company.

International

Summary - A Cambodian man injected a woman with his blood Wednesday, said an article from cbnews.com. The 22 year old man fell in love with the woman in 2004, when the two were classmates. The man came up with the idea of injecting his blood into her after she had turned down his advances. "He thought that if he could not marry her, at least his blood can stay inside her body," said Tan Sophal, a police officer of the Battambang province where the attack occurred.

Opinion - Can you said "AIDS"? Seriously, some people are entirely idiots. "Oh, she doesn't love me. Well, okay. Maybe I'll inject my blood into her. Then I'll be with her forever.. FOREVER.. FOR-EVER.. I think I'll consult my unicorn about this first though." ..Um, yeah. I'm sure similar thoughts went through his mind, which is sad.

Fin

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

Sad situation in NY.

You have to love stupid criminals.

Only in France.

Scary FREAK!