Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rachel Posey

National

Summary:
Lawrence Robarge from Vermont began texting inappropriate text messages to a 15 year old teenage girl. She told Robarge to leave her alone but Robarge would not do so. He sent pictures of diapers and even himself wearing a diaper with distressing messages such as “I’m an adult baby and I like wearing diapers.” The girl notified the police and began assisting the police in a plan to arrest the offensive man. He arranged to meet her at a outside mall but neither the girl or Robarge showed up. Instead the police arrested Robarge in another attempt.

Opinion:
Oh, I shudder when I think of men like Robarge. There are some pretty disgusting people in this world and its disappointing we have to be careful in everything we do( especially teenage girls or young women). I wish we lived in a world that everyone could walk around and not second-guess the intent of other people. I’m proud of this young girl did the right thing and informed the police. I still cannot believe the many times when young people are tricked into having relationships with unknowingly old men. First, NEVER…I MEAN NEVER start talking to someone who you do not know and cannot be sure of their identity…ie. internet, phone. Second, if you ever get to the point of truly believing the person is who they say they are, NEVER meet them alone. Take trustworthy adults or mentors with you. PLEASE! I’M PASSIONATE FOR THE SAFETY OF TEENS OR YOUNG ADULTS IN OUR GENERATION!


International

Summary:
Russia is now awarding couples who willing conceive babies. Since the population has dwindled drastically, Russia began the program of profiting families for their “contribution” to the nation. The families are awarded SUVs or money to accommodate the growth into the family. Russia even has a national holiday of conception which encourages people to take the day off and promote the country in growth of the generations.

Opinion:
This is a very interesting news event. I have never heard of people being awarded to make babies. Its like in China except the situation is turned in the opposite direction. Inhabitants of China are supposed to only conceive one child because of the constant growing population. I do not know if incentives such as vehicles or money would convince me to marry someone only to have children. Kids and building a family is a lot of work. I would not want to impulsively have children and then not be able to raise them the way every child deserves.

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

Wearing a diaper. I guess I've been out of the dating scene too long. Now you have to wear a diaper to get a date???

Europe's population is diclining rapidly and maybe payment will help to motivate. Who knows?