Friday, September 21, 2007

Chris

International

Summary - From a cnn.com news article, it says that a Brazilian man was shot and wounded. The reason for the attack on him was because of the man's reports on drug gangs in the local newspaper. The attack happened on Thursday while the man, Amaury Ribeiro, was at a bar in the nation's capital. While there, the Amaury was then shot in the groin, said a Brazilian newspaper. A sixteen-year-old suspect was arrested and is under interrogation.

Opinion - This man has some guts for what he's doing. He's basically putting his life, and, in this case, his crotch on the line for something he believes in. I don't know this Amaury Ribeiro but I already have a great amount of respect for him. If I were in his shoes, I'm not sure I would be able to report these stories if I knew I'd be risking my life.. or even my groin.

1 comment:

Michael Hjort said...

Little short on your summary and opinion.